Wet Grinders are an integral part of kitchen household, especially for South Indians. These appliances reduce the physical strain, work and time of making batters by 90%.
Apart from that, most important advantage is – they provide much fluffier, tasty and healthy batter.
Normal mixer grinders produce heat while grinding lentils into batter – which can damage the essential nutrients and slightly damage the fermentation process. But wet grinders have grinding stones (just like traditional ones) which don’t produce heat and break the lentils or food ingredients to retain most of the nutrients.
How to Choose…?
- Tilt or Table Top: Most of the people prefer one of these options as they are perfect for small and medium families. With tilt ones, you can easily pour out the batter by tilting the drum.
- Motor: An efficient wet grinder has 750 Watt motor which is good enough for grinding batters. Higher the watt is, faster and better the performance will be.
- Capacity: If you are family with 3 to 4 members, then 2 litre capacity will be good enough. But for more than 4 members, choose wet grinder with more than 2 litre capacity.
- Stone Type: When compared to cylindrical ones, conical stones produce better smoothness and consistency of the batter.
If you want more information on how to choose a wet grinder, then read our “Buying Guide“. We provided a detailed information each factor like overload protection, safety, speed controls, warranty and several others. Apart from that, we have also selected the best 7 wet grinders in Indian market based on the factors we mentioned in the article.
Top 7 Best Wet Grinders in India
Wet GrindersCapacityWeightWarrantyBuy NowElgi Ultra Wet Grinder2 Litre13.7Kg10 yearsCheck the PriceButterfly Wet Grinder2 Litre
11.24Kg2 yearsCheck the PriceElgi Ultra Dura Wet Grinder1.25 Litre8.8kg5 yearsCheck the PricePanasonic Wet Grinder2 Litre12.1Kg5 yearsCheck the PriceSowrna Lakshmi Wet Grinders2 Litre12Kg1 yearCheck the PriceBajaj Wet Grinder2 Litre15.42kg2 yearsCheck the PricePremier Wet Grinder2 Litre25KgNot providedCheck the Price
Best Wet Grinder in India
1. Elgi Ultra 2 Litre Wet Grinder
Since 1992, Elgi Utlra Ltd has been providing innovative and reliable kitchen appliances at affordable prices. Quality, sturdiness and aesthetically beautiful are the main reasons why this brand has been popular among the consumers across India.
The Ultra Grind Gold wet grinder from Elgi has two main features that are not available in most of the wet grinder products available in the market. They are versatility and able to handle heavy loads.
Being one of the high end table top wet grinders, this wet grinder is perfect for people who will be using it regularly and who can shell out money for a high quality product. This wet grinder has 2 litre capacity drum which is perfect for grinding large batch of ingredients at once.
The drum is made up of high quality stainless steel which will last for a very long time without rusting. And moreover you can use this steel drum for storing the batter – this feature is not available in most of the wet grinders available in the market.
Apart from grinding the lentils, you can also knead dough and scrape coconuts using additional attachments provided with this wet grinder. The heavy duty motor consumes only 150 Watts power for providing even and perfect grinding.
The patented conical stones generate less heat while grinding which results in higher fermentation rise and tasty batter. You don’t have to struggle to remove these conical stones after grinding the batter, as you can easily handle them using the using the attachment provided.
Outer body of this product is made up of high quality ABS plastic which makes it light in weight and durable. The sleek design makes it suitable for any size and interiors of kitchen. It comes with 5 years’ manufacturer’s warranty on body and motor.
- Conical grinding stones
- Sturdy and durable motor
- Doesn’t heat the batter
- Noiseless and vibration free operation
- Food grade plastic
- 2 litres drum capacity
- Ease of use
- Multi-utility drum
- Additional accessories for coconut scraping and dough kneading.
- Sleek, shiny and attractive design
- 5-years warranty
- Poor customer service
Buy Now at Amazon
2. Butterfly 2 Litre Wet Grinder
The brand butterfly is one of the most popular and trustworthy ones in Indian market. Among their wide wet grinders product range, Butterfly Smart table top is most efficient one – mainly because of uniform grinding pressure and 4-way grinding system.
It is also among the rare models to come with extra attachments for scraping coconuts and atta kneader. These attachments make this product perfect for south Indians. Apart from these two attachments, it also comes with 2 litre capacity drum. The 2 cylindrical stones are durable and efficient enough to make perfectly smooth batch of batter.
The smart compact design takes very less space to fit in your kitchen corner. 2 efficient conical stones can prepare 2L of batters in one go that too within just 20 minutes. The body is made with good grade ABS plastic which is shock proof and resistant to heat. The plastic is too tough to break and holds the cylinder tightly to maintain uniform rotational speed.
With just 150 Watt power consumption the machine shows a powerful performance, it is possible because of the high torque single phase motor function. The motor is further protected with a motor overload sensor. This will check any kind of abnormalities like motor overheating of the motor and overloading of ingredients.
The cleaning and maintenance are more convenient and effortless. The smooth outer material lets you clean the dried up flour with just a single wipe. Manufacturer provides 5-year warranty on the motor and other parts of the device.
- Atta kneader and coconut scraper
- Effortless cleaning
- 2 L grinding capacity
- Motor overload protector
- 5 years of warranty on the product
- Compact design
- Great Aesthetics
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Made up of ABS plastic
- The grinder makes loud noise
- It takes almost 30 minutes where it claims to take 20 minutes
Buy Now at Amazon
3. Elgi Ultra Dura 1.25 Litre Wet Grinder
Third product from on our list is from the same brand as the first product – Elgi. As already discussed, the product range of this brand is exceptional and totally worth of every penny you spend.
As first product Ultra Grind has 2 litre capacity drum, it is suitable for large families. But if you are small nuclear family, then Ultra Dura is a perfect choice as it has only 1.25 litre capacity drum. This drum can be used can also be used for storing the batter. As it is made up of high quality food grade stainless steel, it is completely safe for food storage.
The outer body of the product is made of high quality ABS plastic which lasts for a longer period of time and also makes it easy to clean and maintain. This product comes with specially built using Patented conical stones that generates less heat while grinding which ensures more fermenting.
Apart from grinding, this wet grinding can also perform other tasks like scraping coconut and kneading dough. Additional attachments are provided for handling these tasks. One of our favourite advantages of purchasing this product – is its power consumption, only 85 Watts.
Though it comes less power, it has the efficiency and capacity of handling heavy tasks without getting heated up. Further, it saves electricity bills, lasts longer and thereby making it more energy efficient. It comes with 5-years of manufacturing warranty from the date of purchase.
- Vibration-free grinding process.
- lightweight and durable nature
- Made of food grade stainless steel materials
- Patented conical stones for preparing even batter
- Saves electricity bills by utilizing 85-watts of power
- Coconut scraper and atta kneader for multi-purposes
- Consumes only 85 Watts
- 1.25 litres multi-utility drum
- Easy to use and operate
- 5-years warranty
- Parts are a bit delicate
- Poor customer service
Buy Now at Amazon
4. Panasonic 2 Litre Wet Grinder
Panasonic is a brand that needs no introduction. It is one of the most common household brands for many consumers across India. Their products are a super hit in the market for their quality and performance.
The MK-SW200BLK wet grinder from Panasonic is loaded with features to make the job more convenient for its users. Few highlight factors that make this product worthy enough are – three speed settings, interlocking safety, anti-speed HTD belt, hands free operation, inlet pipe on the lid. Some of these features are not available in most of the wet grinders available in this price range in the market.
It features a lighter but effective grinding stone with a 304 grade stainless steel food hygiene drum. The main body is made up of ABS food-grade plastic which lasts for several years regardless of wear and tear.
The motor of this product consumes 240 Watts of power to provide powerful and even grinding results. To protect the motor from overheating, cooling vents are provided. Furthermore, it has a timer that can be set for up to 45 minutes thus is doesn’t need any monitoring and your hands are free to perform other kitchen tasks.
Having 2 litres of drum capacity, this product is suitable for large families and commercial purposes. Apart from wet grinder, manufacturer also provides one measuring cup, one spatula, lid that is made of polycarbonate and unbreakable.
Instruction manual is provided along with the product which contains information on how to use the device, errors to detect and other information. 5-years warranty is provided on the motor and 2-year warranty on other parts of the product.
- Suitable for large families
- 2 litre drum capacity
- Lightweight and compact design
- Three speed settings
- Body cooling ventilation
- Pre-set timer for hands free operation
- 5 years of warranty
- Overheating protection
- Anti-sleep HTD belt on bottom
- Interlocking safety mechanism
- Lack of additional attachments
- A bit on the expensive side.
- Slightly difficult to remove the batter
Buy Now at Amazon
5. Sowrna Lakshmi 2 Litre Wet Grinder
Sowrna Lakshmi is one of the highly utilized wet grinders in commercial kitchens like hotels, restaurants, and others. Robust construction is the main reason why most of the professional chefs prefer the wet grinders from this brand.
It comes with 2 litres stainless steel drum which is enough for making batter sufficient for small to medium sized families. The see through high quality plastic lid ensures you can see the process of grinding batter and adding the ingredients.
The operation of this machine is quite simple and hassle free. Unlike several wet grinders in the market, this one will make much less noise while working or grinding. Apart from that, this product also has an overload protector, additional accessories (coconut scraper and atta kneader), high performance induction motor and others.
- 2 stainless steel drum
- Polycarbonate lid
- High performance induction motor
- Efficient and durable grinding stones
- Motor overload protector
- Super clean finish
- Spatula for easy cleaning and mixing
- Additional accessories (coconut scraper and atta kneader)
- Robust construction
- Just 1-year warranty
Buy Now at Amazon
6. Bajaj 2 Litre Wet Grinder
Bajaj electronics has been one of the most trusted brands for kitchen and household appliances. Since 75 years of their inception, their product range has been very popular among Indian consumers.
Bajaj WX 150 Watt wet grinder is perfect for small to medium families. It comes with a 2-liter stainless steel drum which lasts for a very long time. The lid of the wet grinder is made up of polycarbonate lid. As it is a see-through lid, you can see the process of grinding.
It has efficient and durable grinding stones which provide even and smoother batter every single time. The operation of this machine is pretty simple. The super clean and smooth exteriors make it easy to clean.
This product consumes 150 Watts power for operation. In case of overheating situations, overload protection feature is provided. Manufacturer provides 2-years warranty on the motor and other parts.
- 2 litre stainless steel drum
- High performance induction motor
- 150Watts power consumption
- Efficient and durable grinding stones
- Super clean surface
- Spatula is provided for easy batter removal
- Easy to use and clean
- High material quality
- A bit heavy
Buy Now at Amazon
7. Premier 2 Litre Wet Grinder
Premier is one of the Indian brands known for quality, durability and performance. Their steel table top wet grinder has got all the features and attachments that satisfy the basic grinding requirements.
Its 2 litre drum is made of rust-proof stainless steel material which can be used efficiently and lasts longer. As the drum comes with detachable option, makes easy to store the batter and clean effortlessly.
This machine comes with 3 different settings, which means you can operate the device in low, medium for efficient grinding and also in high mode but not too long. Gear based motor is designed to last longer with trouble-free operation and utilize 110-watts power to evenly grind the ingredients kept inside the machine.
In contrast with other branded grinders, it comes in a bulky design and weighs 25 kg which makes it difficult to carry to other locations.
- Easy to handle and clean
- Gear based powerful motor
- Comes at reasonable prices
- Uses 110-watts of power supply
- Uses rust-proof stainless steel material
- Value for money
- Easy to use and maintain
- Heavy weighted grinder
- Storage capacity can be improved
Buy Now at Amazon
Buying Guide for Best Wet Grinders
Wet grinders are simply time savers when it comes to the initial prep of the cooking process. So, it is undoubtedly designed not only for Indian moms, but also for newbies who are just into cooking. It is an excellent choice for bachelors and for those who are literally very busy to cook their own meals. But the idea of having a wet grinder at your home comes with several dilemmas. And the most important one is how to choose the best wet grinder for your home! And for that you need to keep some important factors in mind like wet grinder types, capacity, drum material, overheat protection, safety lock and accessories – atta kneader, coconut scraper that improves overall performance, versatility and makes the grinding smoother than ever before.
First of all, why should you go for a Wet Grinder?
Saves Time – The initial preparation time while cooking any dish decreases significantly to quite an extent with the help of a wet grinder! Most important benefit is that you can cook your food sooner without much hassle as it comes with a powerful motor that can grind any ingredient into a fine paste in minutes.
Saves Energy and Effort – With the help wet grinders, you will be able to save a lot of energy because you do not have to go manual route of pounding ingredients anymore which can be very tiring. Just put the required ingredients into the grinder and chill!
Finer pastes – The final result or batter is much finer in nature when directly compared to the manual grinders.
Safe and More hygienic – Safer to use and extremely hygienic as it is easy to clean and reuse.
1. Determine the Type of Wet Grinder
Before we get on with our list of the best wet grinders, let’s take a look at the different types of wet grinders.
- Regular Wet Grinder
This type of wet grinder is generally used for commercial purposes like in hotels, restaurants and food courts. It has a large capacity drum and can grind large quantities of ingredients at a time. They usually have a single stone and a steel rod to hold the stone with the help of an iron belt.
When you switch on the motor, the drum rotates in counter clockwise direction and the stone does an excellent job in grinding the food processing ingredients. Being a heavyweight appliance, it takes some effort to maintain and clean this type of wet grinder.
Those who have a small family or live in small houses do not prefer this regular type wet grinder as it occupies more space in the rooms.
- Table Top Wet grinders
Nowadays, table top wet grinders are in great demand due to the durable nature and versatile functionality. This is a smaller version of the regular wet grinder that is suitable for personal use. This grinder comes with 2/3 cylindrical or conical shaped grinding stones and has the capacity ranging from 1.5-2 liters. The drum that holds the stones is usually made of stainless steel.
There is an option for you to detach the drum from the machine and store the batter without transferring to the other containers or bowls. Moreover, it comes in a lightweight design that helps to move freely from one location to another.
- Tilting Wet Grinders
In traditional grinders, it may not be possible to separate the dough from the drum due to the bulky design and also requires more human effort. Here comes the tilting wet grinder that solves all the issues like overflowing of batter, and excess heat.
Compared to regular and table top wet grinders, the quality of tilting grinder is much better and performs smooth grinding.
This functional wet grinder can easily be tilted to empty the contents into another container once the batter is prepared. This feature is a very advantageous if you are opting for a large drum capacity. It also makes easy to clean the drum and stones after using the appliance.
Comparison of Wet Grinder Types – Regular, Table Top, TiltingRegular Wet GrinderTable Top Wet GrinderTilting Wet GrinderComes in big size.Available in small size.Available in small size.Need more space in kitchen.Requires less space.Requires less space.Bit difficult to clean the device.Very easy to clean.Very easy to clean.Doesn’t come with tilting.Doesn’t come with tilting.Tilting is possible.You can put more ingredients.Supports medium load capacity.Supports medium load capacity.Economical to buy.Comes at affordable pricesBit expensive.Suitable for large familiesSmall/medium familiesSmall/medium families
2. Number of Grinding Stones and its Shape
Most of the wet grinder brands offer 2/3 stones for smoothness and consistency of the batter. And the only advantage of a using 3-stone grinder over 2-stones is that it gets the job done faster and saves your valuable time for cooking the tasty and delicious food items.
In contrast with the above-mentioned grinder types, regular modes uses a single grinding stone whereas table top and tilting grinders come with 2/3 stones.
Furthermore, the grinding stones usually come in either cylindrical or conical shape. Earlier grinders have cylindrical shaped stones and now they are replaced with conical stones to produce better consistency and smoothness. The sharp edges of the conical grinder crush even the tiniest of grains to perfection. So, pick the right one that best matches with the home requirements.
3. Capacity of the Wet Grinder
Capacity is an important aspect that everyone must consider while purchasing the wet grinder. Usually, it is measured in liters and the capacity may vary from 1liter to 5/10liters depending on the brand and usage. You should also check whether the particular capacity of the grinder supports the family size.
Ideally speaking, a 2-liter capacity wet grinder is good enough to use for Indian families. However, if your requirement is higher, shift to the high-end grinder models that are in your budget range.
4. Drum Material – Stainless Steel
Drum material refers to the material of the inner surface of the grinder. In this article, we’ve listed the 7 products that use stainless steel material. They are absolutely rust-proof and hence it does not form any stains, rust on the durable drum.
Drum material can range from stone to stainless steel. But, stone material is more prone to scrapping and gets eroded with long term use. A stainless steel drum is best for long term use as it comes with detachable option so as to separate the batter and also makes the cleaning process easier for homemakers.
5. Overload Protection
This is an important safety feature that prevents damage or burning of the motor. Overload protection ensures that the motor of the grinder stops working in case of too much load. After all, you need to reduce the content in the machine and start again to blend the ingredients perfectly.
Motor is an important part of a wet grinder. People often overlook the motor specifications while purchasing a wet grinder. However, this feature is very important as it determines the performance of the appliance. For a better and faster performing wet grinder, you will require a motor with higher wattage. A good motor and wattage are important if you want to grind several types of food ingredients like pulses, spices and others efficiently. A wet grinder with 750Watts will be good enough for handling any tough grinding jobs.
7. Speed Settings
Before making a purchase, it is better to check out the speed settings provided. A good wet grinder should offer slow speed and fast speed options. Slow speed settings are important to grinding batters smooth, tasty and healthy. While purchasing, make sure the wet grinder has at least three options
8. Easy to Use
Just like any other appliance, a wet grinder you purchase should have user friendly operating options and comfortable to use. User friendliness of a wet grinder can be judged by features like controls, operations, assembling and others. Some modern wet grinders also have smart features like LCD screen that displays errors if the jar is not closed properly, displays temperature and others. These modern smart features make the price worthy enough to invest.
While using any electrical appliance, safety and security is the most important factor. In certain situations, an electrical appliance can lead to dangerous reactions. That is why, check whether the wet grinder you choose has proper cutout and earthing. Most of the modern wet grinder models come with in-built systems that provide safety from passing electric current, overheating and others. Some of them also come with a unique feature which ensures the appliance will not work if the jar is not placed properly.
10. Customer Service and Warranty
Similar to any product, before purchasing a wet grinder, you have to check the warranty limit and what it covers. It is best to choose a product that comes with a longer warranty period to be on the safer side. Some of the wet grinder manufacturers provide different warranty periods on product and motor. Some of them can be 10-year long warranty or 5-year warranty on motor. But most of the manufacturers don’t provide warranty period on plastic parts of the device.
11. Energy Efficiency
Wet grinders consume a lot of power to operate or handle the grinding task. This not only increases the electricity bill but also harm the environment as well. So, before making the purchase, make sure to check whether it has any extra power saving and energy efficiency feature.
12. Extra Attachments in Wet Grinder
With the advancement in technology, everything has changed to make our life simpler and better with the smart options. Wet grinders are the one that comes with smart options like digital timer, buzzer and attachments – coconut scrapper, dough kneader, batter cleaner, spatula, measuring cup, and a transparent lid. Scroll down to know the functionality of each specific type.
- Buzzer will buzz an alarm when the grinding of ingredients is completed.
- Dough kneader is an important accessory in a grinder to mix all the ingredients.
- Measuring cup helps to put the ingredients in right amounts (1 or 2- cups) for smooth grinding.
- Batter cleaner is a small tool used to clean dough/thick paste after completing the grinding process.
- Digital Timer function on the device let you set the grinding time as per your convenience and comfort.
- Coconut scrapper is used to create both long and wider coconut shreds which later can be used in preparing chutneys, curries etc.
- Spatula is a kitchen appliance that can be made of steel, wood, plastic for various purposes like mixing; put the dough into other containers.
- Transparent lid is located on the top of the device which protects the dough/paste from overflow/spillage.
What is the Proper Way to Clean a Wet Grinders?
Cleaning and maintaining a wet grinder will increase the appliance’s durability and efficiency. Though it sounds pretty difficult, cleaning a wet grinder isn’t daunting if you follow certain tips and guidelines. We have mentioned them below for your convenience…
- Using the holder stick, take out the grinding stones from wet grinder and place them under running water tap.
- Using a brush, remove the batter stuck on the nooks and corners of the grinder.
- Once the grinding stones are thoroughly washed, wipe them with a dry cloth and let them dry completely before placing back into the wet grinder.
- Now, wipe the motor clean using a wet cloth.
- For drying purpose, it is better to keep the grinding drum upturned.
- Once all the parts are clean and completely dry, assemble them correctly.
Tips to Maintain a Wet Grinder in Efficient Condition
- It is recommended to create a regular efficient maintenance schedule and follow it seriously.
- Before using a grinder, clean the drum perfectly.
- Always maintain the wet grinder completely dry. For drying the drum, you can keep it upside down which lets the water drain out easily in less time.
- Before using the grinder, rotate the grinding stones gently along the roller to ensure they are perfectly fit after the clean up or assembly.
- While grinding, keep the wipers position always facing the motor.
- Rollers of a wet grinder always gather dust and debris which eventually begin to smell a bit. So, it is important to remove the rollers, clean them thoroughly at least once in a while (if not used regularly) or every time after using it.
- Avoid running a wet grinder when it is empty as it can damage the rollers.
- For evenly grounded batter, add the ingredients in small amounts. This method also increases the durability of a wet grinder.
- Always operate the wet grinder on a horizontal platform. If placed on uneven surfaces, the vibrations caused by grinder can lead to some problems.
- Make sure to add enough water while grinding the ingredients. Adding less amount of water can lead to tension in the lower belt which can create malfunctions in the grinder.
- Read the instruction manual provided by the wet grinder carefully. It has all the information on the functions, things to avoid for maintenance and others.
- As wet grinder is a heavy appliance and has heavy stones and motors, it is better to keep children away from them.
- It is better to keep the hands away from the drum or unlock the arm while the wet grinder is in operation.
- Always avoid repairing the grinder by yourself. In case there is any fault or malfunction, contact a technician or service technician.
- Avoid purchasing and using attachments from unauthorized dealers.
Frequently Asked Question?
1. What are Wet Grinders used for?
Wet Grinders are electric grinders used for making the batter from different kinds of material when mixed with water. Unlike conventional grinders, Wet Grinders are fast as they run on electricity, save time due to a quick mechanism and are simple to use due to less effort required. These types of grinders are widely used for cooking Indian cuisine as the cuisine itself demands a lot of pastes and batter for the initial preparation and marination etc.2. Are there different types of Wet Grinders?
Yes! Wet Grinders are classified into three categories depending upon their requirement and usage.
Regular Wet Grinder- These type of grinders are mainly used for accommodating large quantity; thus, they are primarily used in commercial places like cafes and restaurants and big families where there is a need to preparing a large amount of food. It is a little challenging to install this type of grinders due to their size and heavyweight.
Table Top Wet Grinder- This type of grinder is best suited when the batter has to be prepared in moderate quantity. Table Top Wet Grinders are best for a small family, and that is one of the reasons that it is the most wanted one! The installation of this grinder is very simple and can be moved easily anywhere.
Tilted Wet Grinder- These grinders have the same purpose as the Table Top Wet Grinders but, it is a better option than the other as these grinders can be titled which makes the transfer of batter into a container/bowl very simple.3. What is the capacity range of Wet Grinders?
You can choose to buy Wet Grinders depending upon your requirement. The range starts from 2 litres to 15 litres. The more the capacity, the more batter you can make. So, choose accordingly!4. Can Wet Grinders be used only for making batter?
The Wet grinders are mainly used for preparing batter, but there are some brands in the market which offers a range of Wet Grinders along with attachments such as flour kneader and coconut grater etc. So, it can also be used for other purposes as well.5. What are the advantages of using Wet Grinders?
Using Wet Grinders is always better than using traditional electric mixers as in the electric mixers the taste of food gets spoiled due to heat generation, Wet Grinders generate less heat. Apart from this, Wet Grinders have longer life span due to stone fixing which is durable and remains sharp for a longer run.6. How to clean Wet Grinders?
The grinding stones of Wet Grinders can be removed; you can keep them under running water to clean. A brush can be used to remove sticky batter from the corners of the grinder, and the motor can be cleaned with a wet cloth.7. How to keep Wet Grinders maintained?
Always clean the drum before using the grinder, ensure that the grinding stones are fitted correctly before you use the grinder, to get finely grounded batter add grinding ingredients in a small quantity. Avoid using wet grinders when its empty as it can damage the grinding stones and do not take grinder to a local shop for repair always contact the authorized dealer/brand in such case.8. Any guarantee or warranty available on wet grinders?
Most of the manufacturers provide warranties on both the motor and the product. The usual norm is, manufacturers provide a 10-year warranty on motor and 5-year warranty. However, keep in mind, the warranty does not cover the plastic parts of the grinder.9. How much time does a wet grinder take to complete 1 cycle?
The standard time to complete 1 cycle is more or less, 15 to 20 minutes. The time is directly proportional to the amount of ingredients poured inside and the nature.10. Can a wet grinder get overloaded?
Yes! A wet grinder can get overloaded. But most of the modern wet grinders are equipped with overload protection. It shuts off automatically when it detects any type of overload. You need to reduce the load and restart the device to make it work again.11. Does it emit a lot of noise?
Yes wet grinders are typically noisy due to high wattage and heavy duty motor used for grinding.12. Is it very difficult to install?
When compared to manual grinders, it is not that difficult to install. Most modern wet grinders are designed very compact and light weight. Just plug and play is the usual norm. Keep in mind, choose a wet grinder according to your needs and the exact place you will install it. Go for a compact one if space is an issue!
13. Which one is better – synthetic or granite ones?
- For effective results, granite stones are much better than synthetic stones. The conical granite stones can grind the batter better and make it taste better as well.
14. How to Use a Wet Grinder?
- First, on the centre of the rod, place the drum. Now rotate the drum until it settles into the place.
- Place the roller mechanism into the drum and close the lid.
- Press and lock down to keep the rollers in place.
- Through the lid cover present over the drum, add a cup of water.
- Switch on the wet grinder and wait till the stones pick up the speed.
- Through the open lid, add the ingredients in small amounts. And enough water to keep the mixture moist.
- Continue adding water and other ingredients until you get the required batter consistency.
- Switch off the appliance and release the lock to free arm.
- Now pull up to remove the rollers from the drum.
- Remove the batter manually after placing the batter cleanser over the drum.
- Remove the drum from the wet grinder to take out the remaining mixture.
- Clean the rollers, drum and other parts before assembling them again.
Few Words to Say…
When compared to traditional grinding, wet grinders are the best options to reduce the physical work and save a lot of time. Indian cooking, especially south Indian has a lot of dishes that require grinding. Normal mixer grinders don’t provide smooth and fluffy batter consistency.
However, the process of grinding with conical stones incorporates air making the batter much smooth, fluffier and tastier as well. Moreover, it is very easy to use, clean and maintain than the traditional ones.
While purchasing a wet grinder, you have to consider certain factors that include overheat protection, type of wet grinder, and several others. We have mentioned these factors clearly in the “BUYING GUIDE“.
Apart from that, we have also provided a list of best wet grinders in Indian market with a detailed description of each product as well. If you haven’t got much time to read the buying guide, then choose among the list of provided in this article. We chose them after a lot of research, analysis and testing.
Which brand wet grinder you like the most? Why? If you think that we’re missing out any of the popular wet grinder models, let us know in the comment section given below.
- Top 10 Best Mixer Grinders in India: 2019 Reviews &…
- 5 Best Stand Mixers in India: 2019 Reviews & Buying Guide
- Top 5 Best Food Processors in India
- Top 6 Best Juicers in India: 2019 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
- Top 8 Best Electric Choppers To Buy in India: 2019 Reviews
- Top 7 Best Atta Dough Maker in India
2 thoughts on “7 Best Wet Grinders in India – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide”
- MR. RANISH Kt August 26, 2019 at 9:20 am | Reply Perhaps this may be one off case, however need to mention whatsoever. Elgi ultra perfect plus possessed by me since last 6 months has worst performance. Normal wet rice grinding of say about 1kg takes over 1.5hours still with tiny unground rice. Technician came and unprofessionally forced to change the angle of roller by hitting on stone. since then it takes more time. I took video of his crude method of repair.