Drinking purified water is one of the most essential things that keep us healthy. In this post, I am going to provide the list of Best Water Purifiers.
Everything from food to Air and Water is affected by pollution. Say thanks to Water Purifiers. Now we can Drink safe water by installing a water purifier at our Home.
Before selecting the best water purifier, Check out the difference between RO, UV and UF water purification technologies.RO Water PurifierUV Water PurifierUF Water PurifierRequires Electricity to operateRequires Electricity to operateNo Electricity requiredKills and Removes all the Bacteria and Viruses from the Water.Kills all Bacteria and Viruses but their Dead Bodies remain in the Water.Kills and Removes all the Bacteria and Viruses from the Water.Requires Electricity to Boost the Tap Water PressureUV Water Purifiers can work with Normal Tap Water Pressure.UF Water Purifiers can work with Normal Tap Water Pressure.Removes the Dissolved SaltsCannot remove Dissolved SaltsCannot remove Dissolved SaltsRO Purifiers has Prefiltration system to work with the Dirty Water.Water should be clear for UV to work.Works with Dirty Turbid Water.
I have also listed the FAQ (Frequently asked questions) about the water purifiers below. If you have any queries regarding water purifier selection, post them in the comments section, and I’ll answer ASAP.
Table of Contents
- Best Water Purifier in India (2019)
- 1. Kent Grand 8-Litre Mineral RO and UV/UF Water Purifier
- 2. Havells Max 8-liters RO UV Water Purifier
- 3. LG Puricare WW180EP RO + UV + UF + Mineral Booster Water Purifier
- 4. Eureka Forbes Aquasure Smart Plus 6-liters RO + UV + MTDS Water Purifier
- 5. Kent Ace Mineral 7-Liter 60-Watt RO+UV+UF Water Purifier
- 6. Havells Max Alkaline 7-Litre RO + UV Water Purifier
- 7. Blue Star Majesto 8-Liter RO + UV Water Purifier
- 8. AO Smith Z8 10-Liter Green RO Series Water Purifier
- 9. Livpure Glo 7-liter RO + UV + Mineralizer Water Purifier
- 10. Blue Star Aristo RO + UV 7-Liter Water Purifier
- 11. Kent Maxx 7-liters UV + UF Water Purifier
- Best Water Purifier – Buying Guide
- Total Dissolved Solids
- RO vs UV vs UF
- Best Water Purifier – Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words – Wrapping it up
Best Water Purifier in India (2019)
1. Kent Grand 8-Litre Mineral RO and UV/UF Water Purifier
- Check Price at Amazon
Talk of water purifiers and the first name that comes to mind is Kent. Kent water purifiers have made a name for themselves in the Indian market with their excellent products.
- 8-liter capacity
- Futuristic Double Purification
- Patented RO TM technology
- Ideal for Indian homes
Kent Grand comes with a patented RO TM technology along with TDS controllers to ensure the purest drinking water for the family. Kent water purifier products are ideal for Indian conditions as they can handle the municipal water supply and natural groundwater with equal ease. This water purifier is different from its peers as it comes equipped with a futuristic double purification system comprising of RO and UV/UF. This technology eliminates all impurities including bacteria, viruses, and dissolved salts to ensure the purest form of drinking water.
The loss of minerals during the RO purification process is natural. Kent’s patented RO technology comes with TDS controllers that replenish the minerals lost during the RO purification process to give you safe and tasty drinking water.
Other notable features of Kent Grand are computer controlled operations, ABS Food Grade Plastic construction, and high storage capacity. Pros
- Best water purifier for Indian conditions
- Double purification including RO and UV/UF
- Purify water from all inlet sources
- 8 Litre Storage
- RO water purifiers waste lot of water
What is the frequency of changing RO filters?How do you know when to change the filter?What is the role of TDS controller?Can we connect the Kent Grand to your refrigerator?
2. Havells Max 8-liters RO UV Water Purifier
- Check Price at Amazon
Havells is also a reputed brand of water purifiers in India. This appliance uses both RO and UV purification techniques to ensure the supply of 100% pure water. Havells water purifiers are renowned for their excellent physical appearances.
- Capacity – 8 liters
- Purification technology – RO + UV
- Mineralizer function restores lost minerals
- Revitalizer restructures the water molecules
- Best budget RO water purifier
Havells Max RO + UV water purifier uses double water purification methods to purify water. The RO membrane takes care of the TDS, bacteria, viruses, and other minute impurities. The UV purification technology takes over to destroy any residual bacteria or viruses to make the output water 100% pure. Havells water purifiers come with a mineralizer function whereby the minerals cartridge not only replenishes the RO purified water with essential minerals but also rectifies the pH value of the water. This process ensures the supply of pure and tasty water at all times.
Havells Max water purifiers come equipped with a Revitalizer feature that restructures the water molecules and biologically activates them thereby improving the hydration and mineral absorption capacity of water.
This water purifier is an intelligent appliance as the iProtect feature continually monitors the water purification process to ensure the supply of pure water.
Other exciting features include food-grade quality storage tank and an innovative design that lets you place the water purifier at the corner of your kitchen platform or even mount it on the wall corners. Pros
- Excellent designing
- Double purification makes water 100% safe to drink
- Mineralizer function to restore lost minerals
- Requires high maintenance, especially in areas where TDS levels are high
- Buy yearly warranty, but it is an expensive affair
Does the Havells water purifier come with TDS controller?Does the warranty cover replacement of RO filters?Does the Havells Max waste any water during the purification process?Do you need a separate pre-filter for the Havells Max?What type of design is the Havells Max?
3. LG Puricare WW180EP RO + UV + UF + Mineral Booster Water Purifier
- Check Price at Amazon
LG stands at the top of all consumer durable items in India. Whenever you talk of consumer appliances in India, the name LG does ring a bell. LG manufactures some excellent water purifier models as well.
- 8-liter capacity
- Dual Protection Steel tank
- RO, UV, and UF Filtration
- Mineral Booster
The highlight of this water purifier is the stainless steel tank used instead of the food-grade plastic ones you see in almost all water purifier models. The digital sterilizing technology in use is also the first in the industry. This water purifier comes with a robust 5-stage RO filtration system comprising of an external sediment filter, internal sediment filter, pre-activated carbon filter, RO membrane layer, and the post-activated carbon filter along with the mineral booster.
The presence of a mineral filter adds the essential minerals lost during the purification process to ensure that the RO-purified water is healthy and tasty. LG refers to this technology as True Filtration.
An additional valve on the side of the appliance enables you to wash fruits and vegetables with sterilized water directly into the sink.
Ultraviolet LED rays sterilize the RO water for 75 minutes at 6-hour intervals to prevent bacteria and germs from breeding. This water purifier comes equipped with smart filter change, UV sterilizing, and water level indicators. Pros
- High level of sterilization
- Excellent performance
- Stainless steel tank to prevent the growth of algae
- RO process wastes a lot of water
- Cost is a factor
How much water wastage do you find in an RO water purifier?Can you reuse this water?Does this appliance supply both hot and cold water?How much does the maintenance cost?Can you attach this water purifier to your fridge?
4. Eureka Forbes Aquasure Smart Plus 6-liters RO + UV + MTDS Water Purifier
- Check Price at Amazon
Eureka Forbes is also a reputed manufacturer of water purifiers and other consumer appliances. These water purifiers also use Double Purification technology to ensure supply of 100% pure and tasty water.
- Capacity of 6 litres
- RO + UV purification technology
- Energy saving mode
- MTDS controller
The Eureka Forbes water purifier is capable of treating all kinds of source water including well water, bore well, and tankers.
This water purification system comes with a six-stage water purifying technology that includes
- Pre-filter to remove large impurities
- Chemi Block with a built-in particle trap filter to eliminate bad odor and dissolved organic contaminants
- Membrane Life Enhancer prevents scaling of dissolved salts like magnesium and calcium.
- RO Membrane to eliminate TDS, the hardness of water, and remove heavy metals like arsenic and lead
- Taste enhancer to replenish the minerals lost during the RO filtration process
- UV disinfection chamber to eliminate the bacteria and viruses from the RO purified water
The smart designing featuring LED indicators highlight various activities like purification process, lack of water supply, and defects in the machine. The design is such that you place it on the countertop as well as mount it on the wall. The 6-liter storage should suffice an average Indian family of three to four persons.
The RO cartridge comes with a long life of 6000 liters of purification. The presence of the TDS regulator ensures the replenishing of essential minerals that you usually lose during the RO purification process. Hence, you get 100% tasty water to drink all the time.
This appliance is a smart one in many ways. It switches off once the water tank becomes full thereby conserving energy. The Smart Plus feature takes care of the appliance during voltage fluctuations between 150 and 270V. Pros
- Excellent design
- Six-stage purification process
- MTDS to restore the taste of water
- Wastes water like all RO purifiers
- 6-liter capacity is a bit small for an Indian family
Do you have to buy the pre-filter separately?What is water purification speed?Can you use it for purifying bore well water?Is any warranty available with the appliance?How does it save energy?